KiddyKeys Preschool Music Gets Rave Reviews!
Friday, July 10, 2015 by Andrea Bentz | Young Students
KiddyKeys is a fresh and innovative approach to teaching piano and music exploration to young children. Engaging, energetic and highly educational, the KiddyKeys program focuses on the piano, teaching music concepts and music appreciation to young children. By appealing to individual learning styles, this original music program enables children to explore the piano through improvisation and easily learn music concepts. It's a great way to prepare children for school or for future piano lessons. Our primary goal is to lay a solid foundation for your child's education. Music is a proven component of that process.
In KiddyKeys, children have so many learning opportunities – all in the name of fun! Here's a sampling of what children learn:
- Rhythm and movement exercises that develop fine and gross motor skills
- Recognition of notes and note values
- Counting exercises to help recognize numbers and develop math skills
- Building of memory skills through repeated music terminology
- Introduction to the music staff and piano keyboard
- Creative development through improvisation, composition, and keyboard exploration
- Development of interpersonal skills through group interaction
- Improved hand-eye coordination through experience with rhythm instruments and the keyboard
- Reinforcement of listening skills by discerning high and low, as well as loud and soft sounds
- Recognition of the music alphabet, colors, and shapes with worksheet activities
- Music story time focusing on composers, music terminology, and character development
- Weekly life lessons incorporating positive emotional and social skills to build self-worth