Downloading from the Parent/ Student Portal
Thursday, April 9, 2020 by Andrea Bentz | Online Lessons
Many materials are now available online through your student/parent portal.
- I sent a mass mailing for new portal logins on 4/4 -everyone will get one even if I sent it to you recently. If you would like your student to have their own login, please send me their email.
- How do you find the files to download?
Log In to the portal
- Scroll down the page until you see "New Downloads". You may see the file there. If not:
- Hit the blue highlighted "View All" on New downloads. This brings up a set of files with descriptions. Hopefully you can find your document or video from there. If not, let me know and I will help you.
- Some portal materials are limited access. This is usually because I have limited ecopies and want to protect the composer’s hard work/income. I can add more copies if needed.
- I add materials often. This is the best way to get you good quality prints in the least amount of time. My scanner doesn't always provide the best quality prints and is very time consuming.
Instructional videos are especially good teaching tools for younger students. I am happy to make short teaching videos and upload them. You can watch directly from the portal or download if you wish.
Lesson notes are in the portal too. These are more important than ever. I often add a link to youtube in them (especially Piano Safari students). If you are in the portal you can access these links directly. Also, students really have a hard time remembering the assignments without written confirmation. They are easy to print out from my email sent after lesson.
Still searching for the perfect stand for your device? Try an ironing board if you have one. Also, this lampstand holder works pretty well for a phone!
Thank you so much for your help. I know you have a lot of changes and a lot to do for your children educationally right now. I hope I am making piano as easy as possible.